Friday, December 5, 2008

My Stupid Heart

I think I just had a amazing day, no, actually.. I KNOW I had an amazing day. First off, I had dated a guy, for about three months, he was my first boyfriend.. lame hey, but I don't date unless I really like someone, and I really liked this guy, I crushed on him for a whole year, and I was his best friend.. I helped him with everything and then in the summer after about ten months of liking him, I decided to admit I like him.. I did, and he liked me too, so we ended up dating, and we met up a lot, and I don't know.. I just really liked him. We were trying to keep it under wraps, only a couple of people knew.. and then one of the his friends who I knew, accidentally said that me and him were dating too loud, and people heard, and the guy that I liked, said we needed to take a break.. harsh right? During the summer, I had a awesome time, a lot of guys got close with me, and even asked me out..but I said no, happily, because I knew I only liked that one guy. I really ended up disliking him, and questioning my love for him after that, like isn't that so hurtful? All I felt was nothing, he just sort of ripped off his chunk of my heart, and then left.
And then, today, we met up (not alone, with two of our friends) and seeing him again didn't reopen any old wounds exactly, I sort of felt excited to see him, since we go to different schools, we don't see each other often. It started off really good, we acted normal, but it was really strange.. he acted close to me as if we were still dating.. which technically we were because he had asked me out again at one point a couple of months ago, but then he didn't talk too me for like a month.. and I didn't really act like we were dating anyways, and then we never said anything that made it clear that we've broken up. The climax came in Tim Horton's, were standing to the side choosing what to eat, and he suddenly interlocks our fingers and starts pushing me away from everyone, and he's super strong I couldn't do a thing and hes like "you will eat this time Rui, or else I'll eat you!" :p it was all a joke by the way, since I had refused to eat at a previous restaurant only because I have a problem with eating in front of other people other then family.. I'm sort of embarrassed aha. Still this sort of contact totally just..set me off. So I gave him my hardest push and walked away. Then I get into the line, but he asks what I'm doing since he already bought me what he knew I wanted.. and that set me back again because he remembered what I liked to get the most from Tim Horton's. Then let's see, were outside standing around waiting for our bus to come and my teeth were literally chattering because it was snowing and freezing and he asks if I would like his jacket, and I protest and say it's alright, he keeps insisting, I keep protesting you know, he eventually gives up, but I thought it was really sweet that he would lend me his jacket when it was already snowing..and I already had a jacket on. In the previous restaurant before Tim Horton's, my other friend had asked me what I wanted and had suggested pasta, before I could answer though, the guy I had dated, answers for me and says 'nope, Rui would never eat pasta it's just too messy for her to deal with' and that was exactly what I was going to say! My other friend then suggests a simple salad, and the guy I dated, had already saw the contents for the salad and replied 'aha tomatoes, onions, and green peppers with Rui?! she wouldn't eat that' again that was exactly what I was going to say, this continued on with another couple of meals and I was so astounded, he remembered everything after months and months of non-communication! And then before we knew it, it was time for goodbyes, standing there he suddenly remarks 'and Rui' and I turned and he's like 'you didn't grow!' which made me of course very sad :( I was sure I had sprouted a inch!! and then he goes on to say 'your jacket is the same size on you, same with your shoes, your feet would have grown, if you had grown taller' this also shocked me, what was with him! He remembered me in such good detail!
Well needless to say, I won't date him again, I learned what happens once and I won't go down that road twice. After I told my friend all of this.. she exclaimed that she was 100% sure he liked me (I told her more then I wrote here) and now I really don't know what to think. Your views?
Anyways, I got Christmas cards for everyone in my household which would be, my mom, dad, sister and brother and now just the gifts left and I'm all set!

No comments: